We are Oklahoma's premier research and technology development agency in agriculture, natural resources, and the life sciences
As a land-grant institution, research is our life blood. Our primary areas of research are:
- Crop Production and Protection
- Animal Production and Protection
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Economic Development and Poverty Alleviation
- Food Safety and Food Insecurity
- Damaging Pests
We operate world class labs, farms, greenhouses and other facilities to enable innovative research.
- Controlled Environmental Research Lab (CERL)
- Oklahoma Panhandle Research and Extension Center - Goodwell
- Stored Products Research and Education Center (SPREC)
Centers & Institutes
Where ideas turn into ground breaking discoveries.
- The Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center
- Oklahoma Water Resources Center
- The Biobased Products & Energy Center
- Institute for Biosecurity & Microbial Forensics
- Institute for Agricultural Biosciences
The mission of OSU Ag Research is to conduct research on agriculture, natural resources,
rural economies and social issues to increase science-based knowledge and develop
technology to improve the lives of Oklahomans.
A broad range of interests and outcomes for OSU Ag Research is key to this mission, because the research ultimately is used throughout the state to provide a safe and affordable food supply; maintain an environmentally sustainable agricultural production system; and preserve precious natural resources for residents’ health and security.
It is a community effort – our research is a collaboration between farmers and ranchers, agriculture commodity groups, industry, state agencies and federal competitive grants. Expenditures, which total more than $50 million annually, directly support Oklahoma’s agricultural industry, further driving the need for more research.