OSU Agriculture Field Days
Learn more about OSU Agriculture field days
Feb. 19, 2022
9-11:30 a.m. or 1:30-4 p.m. at Cimarron Valley Research Station (1003 E. 104th Street) in Perkins. Alternate date in case of inclement weather is Feb. 26.
Topics will include what fruit trees grow well in Oklahoma, how to select the correct cultivar and soil type and what type of trees require pollinators.
March 1, 2022
- 8:30 a.m.-3:45 p.m. at the Oklahoma Panhandle Research and Extension Center in Goodwell.
- Topics will include corn flexibility, irrigation, herbicides and weed management, fertilizer pricing and more.
April 26, 2022
- 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at the Southwest Agronomy Research Station (7753 State Highway 5) in Tipton.
- Topics will include wheat varieties, wheat hay forage yield and quality study, herbicide trials, nitrogen fertility and wheat breeding.
May 13, 2022
- 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at North Central Research Station (1 mile west of Lahoma on Highway 60).
- Topics will include wheat varieties, breeding, fertility, disease and pest and weed management. Continuing education units have been applied for, and lunch will be provided.
July 25, 2022
- 9-11 a.m. at Cimarron Valley Research Station (1003 E. 104th St.) in Perkins.
- Topics will include grafted watermelon, pepper, and tomato production, sweet potato production, cover cropping for pollinators, asparagus establishment and variety trial, grapevine production and pecan crop load and need for thinning.
Aug. 25, 2022
- 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at the Oklahoma Panhandle Research and Extension Center (RR1) in Goodwell.
- Topics will include irrigation, the TAPS program, cotton, regenerative agriculture in semi-arid ecosystems, cover crops, forage systems and soil stewardship.